Iced Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
These aren’t called fudge brownies for no reason! Low in sugar and high in protein, these rich brownies are gooey, sweet, and lip-smacking good. Both the brownie and icing combine the perfectly paired chocolate and peanut butter flavors that will please almost all crowds.
• 3 eggs
• ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
• ½ cup all natural peanut butter
• 2 scoops Lean Body for Her® chocolate whey protein powder
• 1 scoop Lean Body for Her® peanut protein
• 1 1/3cup oat flour
• ½ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
• ½ cup xylitol
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
Optional Add-In: chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×9” baking dish with non-stick spray (or line with parchment paper) and set aside.
2. Whisk together first three brownie ingredients until smooth.
3. Add remainder of brownie ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients. Stir together until well combined.
4. Pour brownie batter into prepared baking dish and smooth down.
5. Bake in the oven for 28-34 minutes. Let cool.
6. Whisk together all of the icing ingredients until smooth then spread on top of cooled brownies. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Makes 16 servings
1 serving = 1 brownie square
• 1 Serving = 172 calories, 11.3g protein, 22.5g carbs, 6.7g fat, 2.3g sugar, 3.3gfiber
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes