Date & Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
These egg free, lactose free, and gluten free oatmeal cookies are a perfect combination of chewy, crunchy, sweet, and salty. Add white chocolate chips for anextra dose of sweetness!
• ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
• ½ cup cashew butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
• 2 scoops Lean Body for Her vanilla whey protein powder
• 6 dates (pits removed), chopped
• 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together the first three ingredients until smooth.
3. Add the remainder of ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
4. Drop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough on to sheet pan and flatten down slightly. Repeat this until 12 cookies are made.
5. Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes. Let cookies cool then enjoy!
Makes 12 servings
1 serving = 1 cookie
1 serving: 166 calories, 7.2g protein, 18.1g carbs, 8.5g fat, 9.2g sugar, 3.3g fiber
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes