Apple Pie Protein Truffles
These quick, easy, and delicious truffles are the perfect, gluten-free treat packed with loads of apple pie flavor. Enjoy them right out of the fridge or freeze them up to 2 months for later enjoyment.
• ½ cup applesauce
• ½ cup walnuts
• 4 Medjool dates, pitted
• 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon cardamom
• ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/8 teaspoon clove
• 1½ scoops Lean Body For Her vanilla whey protein powder
• ¼ cup chia seeds
• ½ cup xylitol
• ½ cup coconut flour
1) To a food processor, add the first 8 ingredients.
2) Blend on high speed until mixture is well combined, about 1 minute, stopping to scape the bowl a couple of times. The batter should not be completely smooth and still have small chunks.
3) Pour batter into a mixing bowl and add in the remainder of ingredients.
4) Stir together until batter comes together and is mixed well. If the batter is too crumbly, slowly add small amounts of additional applesauce until it holds its shape. If the batter is too runny, slowly add small amounts of additional coconut flour until it holds its shape.
5) Taking about 2 tablespoons of batter, roll into a ball and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat this process until 20 truffles are made. Enjoy!
Makes 20 servings
1 serving = 1 truffle
100 calories, 4.3g protein, 11.9g carbs, 5.6g fat, 7.2g sugar, 3.6g fiber
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes