Lee Labrada’s Tips: 10 Simple Ways to Increase Workout Intensity
by Lee Labrada
Here are 10 simple ways that you can increase workout intensity, and thus, stimulate new muscle gains!
1. Increase the amount of weight you are training with.
2. Increase the number of reps you are performing with a given weight.
3. Carry each set to positive failure, the point at which you cannot perform another repetition by yourself.
4. Rest only long enough in between sets to catch your breath.
5. Use a stopwatch with alarm in between sets, to remind you to start your next set.
6. Superset two exercises for the same body part. Do not rest in between the two exercises, only after the superset is completed.
7. Don’t talk in between sets. Focus on what you will accomplish in the next set.
8. Use forced (assisted) repetitions at the end of your heaviest sets.
9. Use negative (eccentric) repetitions after forced repetitions. Use this sparingly to avoid overtraining.
10. Set a time limit in which to train a body part, and perform as many sets as possible during the allotted time.
If you have more tips to increase training intensity, feel free to share them below!
Until next time,
Yours for a Lean Body,
Your Lean Body Coach™
Visit our YouTube Page at: www.youtube.com/labradanutrition
Click LIKE on our Facebook Fan Page at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/LabradaNutrition