Save time, money, AND your diet by starting your morning off with these absolutely delicious homemade Pumpkin Protein Doughnuts. Just as good as the “real” thing. Plus they’re packed with fiber too!
• 1 Large Egg
• 3 Large Egg Whites
• 1/4 Cup (61g) Pure Pumpkin
• 3 Teaspoons (12g) Light Brown Sugar
• 1 Scoop (30g) TPC Baking Protein Powder
• 6 Tablespoons (45g) Coconut Flour (or Oat/Almond Flour)
• 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
• 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
• 1/2 Tablespoon (7g) Coconut Oil
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
• 5.3 Ounces (150g) Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt (Optional)
• Halloween Sprinkles (Optional)
1. Melt your Coconut Oil and add all of your ingredients aside from your Greek Yogurt and Halloween Sprinkles into a bowl.
2. Mix all of those ingredients together.
3. Take out a doughnut pan, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and pour your mix in.
4. Top your doughnuts with whatever you want.
5. Put them into the oven on 350F/176C for 10-15 minutes.
6. After 10-15 minutes take them out, top with some optional Greek Yogurt, Halloween Sprinkles, and anything else you want.
Makes 4 amazing doughnuts!
• Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice: 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon, 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger, 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg, 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
For the entire recipe = Calories: 609, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 20g, Sodium: 479mg, Carbs: 51g, Fiber: 23g, Sugar: 18g, Protein: 54g
Calories in each doughnut (if you make 4): Calories: 152 Fat: 5.2g Saturated Fat: 5g Sodium: 119.7mg Carbs: 12.7g Fiber: 5.7g Sugar: 4.5g Protein: 13.5g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.