Combine your love for jalapeños with your love for tacos! These Low Carb Jalapeño Tacos are packed with flavor, calorie friendly and just spicy enough! Did I mention you only need a couple ingredients to make them!?
• 4 Ounces (120g) Fat Free Cream Cheese
• 4 Ounces Lean Ground Beef or Turkey (I prefer 93/7)
• 1/2 Tablespoon Taco Seasoning Mix
• 8 Jalapeños
• Some Corn
• 1/4 Cup (28g) Reduced Fat Mexican Blend Cheese
1. Brown your meat by cooking
2. Add your Cream Cheese, Meat, and Taco Seasoning Mix into a bowl.
3. Mix everything together.
4. Cut your Jalapeños down the long way (basically you want to open up the top with a little sliver).
5. De-seed your Jalapeños by using a spoon or your hand and scooping them out (the more seeds you leave, the spicier they’ll be).
6. Stuff your Jalapeños with your mix.
7. Top them with your Corn and Cheese.
8. Bake on 400F/204C for 22 minutes.
• Double or triple this recipe to make enough for everyone!
• Don’t like ground beef or turkey? Try ground chicken!
1 Serving = Entire recipe.
Calories: 369, Fat: 13g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Sodium: 392mg, Carbs: 17g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 9g, Protein: 46g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.