Are you ready to remix the cheeseburger into something that’s travel friendly AND healthy? If so, you’re going LOVE these Lean Body Low Carb Cheeseburger Bites that are PACKED with protein and flavor!
• 1 Pound (16 Ounces) 93/7 Lean Ground Beef (or Turkey/Chicken)
• 1/4 Cup (28g) Almond Flour
• 1 Large Egg
• 2 Tablespoons (34g) Ketchup
• 2 Teaspoons Mustard
• 1 Large Egg
• 2/3 Cup Reduced Fat Cheese (Whatever kind you prefer)
• 1/4 Cup White Onion (or Any Other Onion) *Optional
• 2 Tablespoons (14g) Bacon Bits *Optional
1. Chop up your White Onion and add all of your ingredients into a bowl (aside from your Bacon Bits and 1/3 Cup Cheese)
2. Mix everything together
3. Take out some silicone cups or a muffin pan and evenly distribute your mix into them/it
4. Top each one with some Bacon Bits while pressing them into your mix
5. Bake on 400F/204C for 13 minutes
6. Sprinkle on your 1/3 Cup Cheese
7. Bake for another 12 minutes
• Top them with some ketchup or whatever else you want!
• Add in some hot sauce your mix!
Calories in the WHOLE recipe: Calories: 1070, Fat: 54g, Saturated Fat: 14g, Sodium: 940mg, Carbs: 25g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 11g, Protein: 121g
Calories in each bite (if you make 8): Calories: 133, Fat: 6.7g, Saturated Fat: 1.7g, Sodium: 117.5mg, Carbs: 3.1g, Fiber: .5g, Sugar: 1.3g, Protein: 15.1g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.