It’s time to make breakfast a WHOLE lot better with this Lean Body Low Carb Breakfast Skillet recipe! Packed with protein, full of flavor, and GREAT for meal prep. After prepping this just once you’re gonna want breakfast for lunch AND dinner!
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 Pound (16 Ounces) Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
• 8 Tablespoons (132g) Salsa
• 1 Cup (124g) Low Sodium Pasta Sauce
• 1/2 Cup Kale (or Other Greens)
• 2 Large Eggs (or 4 Large Egg Whites)
• 1 Large Egg White
• 3/4 Cup (84g) Reduced Fat Mexican Blend Cheese (or Any Other)
1. Take out a skillet, add in your Olive Oil, and brown your Beef
2. Chop up your Kale, turn your burner down to Medium, and add in your your Salsa, Pasta Sauce, and chopped Kale
3. Mix everything together
4. Add in your Eggs and Egg White
5. Let them cook for a couple minutes
6. Sprinkle on your Cheese
7. Let it continue cooking until your cheese is melted
• Top it with whatever you want!
• Add in whatever you want to it to change the flavor or spice it up!
The WHOLE Recipe = Calories: 1293, Fat: 65g, Saturated Fat: 21g, Sodium: 1452mg, Carbs: 36g, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 18g, Protein: 141g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.