It’s time to give your piña colada a makeover with this super refreshing, healthy, packed with protein, and DELICIOUS Green Piña Colada Smoothies recipe!
• 1 Cup (8 Ounces) Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut Milk (or Regular Milk/Other Milk Substitute)
• 2 Scoops (60g) The Protein Chef Baking Protein
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 1 Cup Pineapple
• 1 Tablespoon (14g) Coconut Oil
• 1 Banana
• 1 Cup Spinach (or Kale)
• 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
• 1/2 Cup Ice
1. Combine all of the ingredients into a blender
2. Blend them together
• Use a frozen banana and/or pineapple and less ice!
• Don’t forget to rinse off your spinach or kale!
• Alcohol is optional.
Calories per recipe (makes 2 smoothies):
Calories: 599, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 15g, Sodium: 220mg, Carbs: 59g, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 27g, Protein: 48g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.Links: