It’s official – the seasons are changing and it’s time to break out your favorite jacket and sweater because fall and winter are here. And as the seasons change it’s time to start tweaking some of your favorite meals to complement the holiday season. Here is an easy and delicious tweak to one of my favorite meals – parfait. WARNING: after trying this warm berry parfait, you’ll likely never go back to eating regular, cold parfaits.
• 1 scoop Labrada ISO LeanPro vanilla protein
• 1/3 cup mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
• 1/2 tbsp Kelapo Coconut oil
• 7oz Greek yogurt
• 1/8 cup granola
• Spices: cinnamon
1. In a bowl, mix protein with Greek yogurt. Add cinnamon and continue to stir until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps of protein.
2. Set a skillet on medium heat and add coconut oil. Add berries to the skillet and stir with a spatula. Allow the berries to “explode” under the heat to create a natural syrup.
3. Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to low and allow the berries to cook for 2-3 minutes, careful not to let them burn.
4. Build the parfait. Add the protein yogurt mixture to a bowl, then add granola on top.
5. Pour the warm berries over the granola.
About the Author
Kevin is a fitness enthusiast out of Dallas, TX. When he saw himself in his friend’s Facebook photo he knew it was time to make a change. He was overweight, felt sluggish and had steadily rising blood pressure. So, he did what many people try to do – he started exercising to try to “out train” a poor diet. He quickly learned through periods of weight cycling that if he was going to accomplish his fitness goals, it would have to be through a steady, healthy diet, complemented by hard work in the gym.
He started studying nutrition and got started cooking! In 2012 Kevin started a small blog to share his meals online in order to build a community around healthy food ideas.
The blog was called Fit Men Cook and it had a simple message and belief system – “Our bodies are built in the kitchen, Sculpted in the gym.”
Kevin firmly believes that healthier food options do not have to be boring. Ever. In fact, they are pretty tasty!
Fit (Wo)Men Cook is the “fit” story of all of us. It is taking your individual success stories and things (in nutrition & fitness) that have worked for you, and sharing those ideas with the masses so we can all grow, improve together. Just everyday people – no matter the fitness level or athletic ability – aiming to live the best life possible through fitness and healthy eating. Are you a Fit (Wo)Men Cook?
You can find Kevin and follow the Fit Men Cook movement online at: