Hands down, this is one of my favorite snack foods. Game Day or ANY day for that matter, I guarantee you and your guests will love this hi-protein snack food that is both delicious and EASY to make your own.
● thick spears of asparagus
● 1oz – 2 oz slices of turkey lunch meat
● Seasonings (optional): Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, garlic powder, onion powder
1. Set oven to 450F.
2. Chop bottom stems from asparagus.
3. Wrap asparagus with 1oz to 2oz slices of turkey lunch meat.
4. Set a skillet on medium-high heat and spray with Kelapo coconut oil.
5. Place the wrapped asparagus in the skillet with open side of the turkey facing the skillet. Sear the wrapped asparagus and while it is cooking add your seasonings.
6. Once all sides of the turkey are seared, remove from the skillet and place the wrapped asparagus on a baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
7. Serve while warm. Boom.
Approx macros of ONE asparagus wrap with 2-oz turkey: 66 calories, 12g protein, 2g carbs, 1g fat
About the Author
Kevin is a fitness enthusiast out of Dallas, TX. When he saw himself in his friend’s Facebook photo he knew it was time to make a change. He was overweight, felt sluggish and had steadily rising blood pressure. So, he did what many people try to do – he started exercising to try to “out train” a poor diet. He quickly learned through periods of weight cycling that if he was going to accomplish his fitness goals, it would have to be through a steady, healthy diet, complemented by hard work in the gym.
He started studying nutrition and got started cooking! In 2012 Kevin started a small blog to share his meals online in order to build a community around healthy food ideas.
The blog was called Fit Men Cook and it had a simple message and belief system – “Our bodies are built in the kitchen, Sculpted in the gym.”
Kevin firmly believes that healthier food options do not have to be boring. Ever. In fact, they are pretty tasty!
Fit (Wo)Men Cook is the “fit” story of all of us. It is taking your individual success stories and things (in nutrition & fitness) that have worked for you, and sharing those ideas with the masses so we can all grow, improve together. Just everyday people – no matter the fitness level or athletic ability – aiming to live the best life possible through fitness and healthy eating. Are you a Fit (Wo)Men Cook?
You can find Kevin and follow the Fit Men Cook movement online at: