Another prime example of “bodybuilding-on-a-budget!” In addition to providing great fuel after a workout, this meal is also extremely cost effective at under $3 per serving. And really, your body and your wallet won’t find a better (or more delicious) option. Boom.
• 6oz extra lean ground turkey
• 150g sweet potato (baked)
• 3/4 Roma tomato (diced)
• 1/8 cup black beans,
• 1/8 cup green onions
• 1 garlic clove (chopped)
• Seasonings: 1tbsp @mccormickspice low sodium chili seasoning, garlic, pepper
1. Bake a sweet potato in the oven.
2. Set a skillet on medium heat and spray with coconut oil. Toss in turkey meat and add your choice of seasonings. Mix
3. Add tomato, black beans and green onions to the mixture and stir with a spatula.
4. Slice a sweet potato in half and carve out small portions of the inside to create a small hole and until it weights 150g (or desired size).
5. Pour chili over the sweet potato and…enjoy!
About the Author
Kevin is a fitness enthusiast out of Dallas, TX. When he saw himself in his friend’s Facebook photo he knew it was time to make a change. He was overweight, felt sluggish and had steadily rising blood pressure. So, he did what many people try to do – he started exercising to try to “out train” a poor diet. He quickly learned through periods of weight cycling that if he was going to accomplish his fitness goals, it would have to be through a steady, healthy diet, complemented by hard work in the gym.
He started studying nutrition and got started cooking! In 2012 Kevin started a small blog to share his meals online in order to build a community around healthy food ideas.
The blog was called Fit Men Cook and it had a simple message and belief system – “Our bodies are built in the kitchen, Sculpted in the gym.”
Kevin firmly believes that healthier food options do not have to be boring. Ever. In fact, they are pretty tasty!
Fit (Wo)Men Cook is the “fit” story of all of us. It is taking your individual success stories and things (in nutrition & fitness) that have worked for you, and sharing those ideas with the masses so we can all grow, improve together. Just everyday people – no matter the fitness level or athletic ability – aiming to live the best life possible through fitness and healthy eating. Are you a Fit (Wo)Men Cook?
You can find Kevin and follow the Fit Men Cook movement online at: