If you want to build muscle and add size, eating salmon and potatoes is the way to go. It’s hands-down delicious when you prepare it the Fit Men Cook-style. Adding salmon is a great way to “dress up” a staple bodybuilding meal. You may never eat salmon and red potatoes the same way again. Ever.
• 6 oz Wild Salmon (measured raw) ~240 g Red Potato (baked)
• 1/8 cup 2% Greek Yogurt
• 1 tbsp Parmesan
• 1/4 cup Green Onion
• 1 cup Grilled Asparagus
• Seasonings:Pepper, Coconut aminos, Mrs. Dash & Chipotle Garlic (optional)
1. Set oven to 375 F.
2. Bake a red potato until soft.
3. Season wild salmon with 1 tbsp coconut aminos, pepper, and Mrs. Dash chipotle seasoning.
4. Bake salmon in the oven for about 10 minutes until finished. Then, flake the salmon with a fork and set it aside.
5. Once the potato’s finished, slice it down the middle and remove the insides with a spoon. Place the contents in a bowl.
6. Mix the potato contents with Greek yogurt, green onion, and fresh garlic. Keep stirring until the contents are creamy.
7. Add salmon to the mixture and blend with a fork. Season with sea salt to taste.
8. Top with parmesan cheese (if desired) and enjoy! Approx Macros:
Serving Size: 1 Recipe
Fat: 14 g
Carbs: 42 g
Protein: 46 g
About the Author
Kevin is a fitness enthusiast out of Dallas, TX. When he saw himself in his friend’s Facebook photo he knew it was time to make a change. He was overweight, felt sluggish and had steadily rising blood pressure. So, he did what many people try to do – he started exercising to try to “out train” a poor diet. He quickly learned through periods of weight cycling that if he was going to accomplish his fitness goals, it would have to be through a steady, healthy diet, complemented by hard work in the gym.
He started studying nutrition and got started cooking! In 2012 Kevin started a small blog to share his meals online in order to build a community around healthy food ideas.
The blog was called Fit Men Cook and it had a simple message and belief system – “Our bodies are built in the kitchen, Sculpted in the gym.”
Kevin firmly believes that healthier food options do not have to be boring. Ever. In fact, they are pretty tasty!
Fit (Wo)Men Cook is the “fit” story of all of us. It is taking your individual success stories and things (in nutrition & fitness) that have worked for you, and sharing those ideas with the masses so we can all grow, improve together. Just everyday people – no matter the fitness level or athletic ability – aiming to live the best life possible through fitness and healthy eating. Are you a Fit (Wo)Men Cook?
You can find Kevin and follow the Fit Men Cook movement online at: