• 4oz chicken breast
• 3 egg whites
• 200g grated sweet potato (skinless)
• ¼ cup green onions (chopped)
• 1tbsp plain Greek yogurt (optional in place of mayonnaise)
• Seasonings to taste: Cumin, garlic, sea salt & pepper
1. Pre-heat a waffle maker.
2. Clean the sweet potato by rinsing and rubbing under water. Peel, and then
grate into a bowl.
3. Add green onions, seasonings and egg whites to grated sweet potato.
4. Place mixture into waffle maker to cook.
5. Spray skillet, season and cook your chicken breast.
6. Form your sandwich by spreading Greek yogurt and adding lettuce, tomato &
About the Author
Kevin is a fitness enthusiast out of Dallas, TX. When he saw himself in his friend’s Facebook photo he knew it was time to make a change. He was overweight, felt sluggish and had steadily rising blood pressure. So, he did what many people try to do – he started exercising to try to “out train” a poor diet. He quickly learned through periods of weight cycling that if he was going to accomplish his fitness goals, it would have to be through a steady, healthy diet, complemented by hard work in the gym.
He started studying nutrition and got started cooking! In 2012 Kevin started a small blog to share his meals online in order to build a community around healthy food ideas.
The blog was called Fit Men Cook and it had a simple message and belief system – “Our bodies are built in the kitchen, Sculpted in the gym.”
Kevin firmly believes that healthier food options do not have to be boring. Ever. In fact, they are pretty tasty!
Fit (Wo)Men Cook is the “fit” story of all of us. It is taking your individual success stories and things (in nutrition & fitness) that have worked for you, and sharing those ideas with the masses so we can all grow, improve together. Just everyday people – no matter the fitness level or athletic ability – aiming to live the best life possible through fitness and healthy eating. Are you a Fit (Wo)Men Cook?
You can find Kevin and follow the Fit Men Cook movement online at: