Super Bowl Game Bodybuilding Friendly Recipe – Game Day Sliders with Tri-Colored Fries
By Johnathan Zamora
Sliders have gained popularity within the last few years – with restaurant chains offering their version of this usually calorie heavy meal. This recipe uses ground turkey breast – however you can substitute this for 93% or 98% lean ground beef. The onion soup mix adds great flavor to the turkey and eliminates the need to use cheese on this dish.
The tri-colored fries are a fun and easy way to add healthy variety while enhancing the flavor of the meal. Using simple ingredients, these tasty spuds are the perfect compliment to the sliders. If you are a fan of spicy foods, feel free to add more chili powder to these fries for an added kick.
Super Bowl Game Bodybuilding Friendly Recipe – Game Day Sliders with Spicy Tri-colored fries
Yield: 18 Sliders
2 lbs. Ground turkey
2 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 ea. envelope, Onion soup mix
1 bunch Parsley, chopped
2 ea. Red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
36 ea. Pickle chips
18 ea. Whole grain mini buns
2 ea. hearts of romaine
6 ea. Fresh Plum Tomatoes
Method of Preparation
1. In a large glass bowl combine first five ingredients and mix until well combined.
2. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, form meat mixture into small patties. Set aside.
3. Preheat your electric griddle to medium high heat. Cook the sliders about 5 minutes per side.
4. Place burger on bun, add tomato, lettuce, red onion, pickle top with spicy brown mustard and ketchup.
Spicy Tri-Color Fries
Yield: 4, 6 oz. Servings
1 ½ Tbs. Canola Oil
¼ tsp. Red Chili Powder
¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Mrs. Dash
1 ea. Large Russet potato, washed and cut into 1/2 –in. strips
1 ea. Large Sweet Potato, washed and cut into 1/2 –in. strips
1 ea. Large Purple Potato, washed and cut into ½ -in. strips
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the oil and seasonings. Add potatoes. Toss to coat.
4. Arrange the potatoes on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer, being careful not to let the pieces touch. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the pieces and bake for 15-20 minutes more or until crispy on the outside and tender inside
The Fit Chef
Visit our YouTube Page at: www.youtube.com/labradanutrition
Click LIKE on our Facebook Fan Page at: http://www.facebook.com/#!/LabradaNutrition