• 6oz extra lean ground turkey
• 3 egg roll wraps
• 2 cups raw spinach
• 1/4 cup bean sprouts
• Seasonings: 1/2 tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, 1 tbsp red chili pepper paste, cumin, minced garlic
1. Set oven to 405F.
2. Set a skillet on medium heat and add ground turkey. Add seasonings and quickly stir with a spatula.
3. When the ground turkey is 50% complete, toss in raw spinach and stir and flip with a spatula so that the spinach becomes wilted.
4. On one egg roll wrap, add 1/3 of the ground turkey & spinach mixture and a few bean sprouts.
5. Roll the ingredients about half way in the egg roll wrap, fold in the sides of the egg roll wrap and then continue rolling the egg roll so that it is closed.
6. Repeat Steps 4 & 5 until all of the turkey & spinach mixture is used.
7. Place egg rolls on a baking sheet and lightly spray with coconut oil or olive oil so that when they bake the outside becomes crispy.
8. Bake at 405F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
About the Author
Kevin is a fitness enthusiast out of Dallas, TX. When he saw himself in his friend’s Facebook photo he knew it was time to make a change. He was overweight, felt sluggish and had steadily rising blood pressure. So, he did what many people try to do – he started exercising to try to “out train” a poor diet. He quickly learned through periods of weight cycling that if he was going to accomplish his fitness goals, it would have to be through a steady, healthy diet, complemented by hard work in the gym.
He started studying nutrition and got started cooking! In 2012 Kevin started a small blog to share his meals online in order to build a community around healthy food ideas.
The blog was called Fit Men Cook and it had a simple message and belief system – “Our bodies are built in the kitchen, Sculpted in the gym.”
Kevin firmly believes that healthier food options do not have to be boring. Ever. In fact, they are pretty tasty!
Fit (Wo)Men Cook is the “fit” story of all of us. It is taking your individual success stories and things (in nutrition & fitness) that have worked for you, and sharing those ideas with the masses so we can all grow, improve together. Just everyday people – no matter the fitness level or athletic ability – aiming to live the best life possible through fitness and healthy eating. Are you a Fit (Wo)Men Cook?
You can find Kevin and follow the Fit Men Cook movement online at: