It’s hard to beat some good old chicken breast tenders and grilled vegetables when it comes to fulfilling your protein and micronutrient needs. This simple recipe makes a great meal for those trying to shed fat, but can easily help pack on muscle with an additional carbohydrate dish on the side.
• 2 large bell peppers, sliced
• 8oz fresh cauliflower florets
• 8oz fresh broccoli florets
• 2 large tomatoes, sliced into quarters
• Eight 2oz chicken breast tender fillets (thawed)
• ½ tsp garlic powder (optional)
• ½ tsp black pepper (optional)
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees C (190 degrees F). Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
2) Place the chicken breast tender fillets on the lined baking pan (spaced evenly). You may option to season the chicken lightly with garlic powder and black pepper.
3) Place chicken breast tenders in preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes (until juices run clear).
4) While the chicken is cooking, use cooking spray to grease a large frying pan (or stove top grill) and turn to medium-high heat.
5) Place assorted vegetables in the pan and grill for roughly 5-10 minutes (or until lightly charred).
Makes 4 servings
Per Serving: 150 calories, 7 grams of protein, 8 grams of carbohydrate, 1 gram of fat