• ½ cup cooked quinoa
• ¼ cup sprouted grain mix flour
• 1 egg
• 1 egg white
• 1/8 cup almond milk
• 2 tsp baking powder
• Pinch of sea salt
1. Place the flour in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the baking powder and mix. Then add almond milk, egg, egg white, quinoa and a pinch of sea salt. Mix well into a batter.
3. Place a non-stick frying on medium heat, grease with spray coconut oil.
4. Scoop 1-2 tbsp of batter and place the batter in the center of the pan.
5. Cook the pancakes golden brown for 1 to 2 minutes on both sides, until the sides are brown.
6. Serve hot with mashed berries or organic raw honey.
About the Author
Kevin is a fitness enthusiast out of Dallas, TX. When he saw himself in his friend’s Facebook photo he knew it was time to make a change. He was overweight, felt sluggish and had steadily rising blood pressure. So, he did what many people try to do – he started exercising to try to “out train” a poor diet. He quickly learned through periods of weight cycling that if he was going to accomplish his fitness goals, it would have to be through a steady, healthy diet, complemented by hard work in the gym.
He started studying nutrition and got started cooking! In 2012 Kevin started a small blog to share his meals online in order to build a community around healthy food ideas.
The blog was called Fit Men Cook and it had a simple message and belief system – “Our bodies are built in the kitchen, Sculpted in the gym.”
Kevin firmly believes that healthier food options do not have to be boring. Ever. In fact, they are pretty tasty!
Fit (Wo)Men Cook is the “fit” story of all of us. It is taking your individual success stories and things (in nutrition & fitness) that have worked for you, and sharing those ideas with the masses so we can all grow, improve together. Just everyday people – no matter the fitness level or athletic ability – aiming to live the best life possible through fitness and healthy eating. Are you a Fit (Wo)Men Cook?
You can find Kevin and follow the Fit Men Cook movement online at: