Who doesn’t like a great, nutritious, and delicious dip or spread? This hummus recipe is guaranteed to please without any of the guilt! Try it out!
• 16 Ounces (454g) Reduced Sodium Chickpeas
• 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
• 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
• 1 Teaspoon Salt
• Pinch Black Pepper
• 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
• 4 Cloves (2 Teaspoons) Minced Garlic
• 3 Ounces (85g) Plain Greek Yogurt
• 2 Scoops (60g) The Protein Chef Baking Protein Powder
1. Drain and rinse your Chickpeas. Mince your Garlic.
2. Add all of your ingredients into either a food processor or really
3. powerful blender.
4. Process or blend everything together for around :30 seconds or until it starts to look like hummus.
For the whole recipe, with Protein Powder: Calories: 909 Fat: 29g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 1070mg, Carbs: 76g, Fiber: 25g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 86g
Tip: Want it spicy? Add in some crushed up red pepper, Sriracha, or anything else you want!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.Links: