Low Carb Slow Cooker Pizza Chicken
It’s time we introduce your slow cooker to pizza! This pizza is of course gonna be delicious, but also great for meal prep. It’s quick and easy to make. And best of all — it’s low in carbs! The whole recipe has only 54 grams of net carbs and packs a whopping 340 grams of protein!
• 2 1/2 Pounds (44 Ounces) Chicken Breast
• 20 Ounces (Around 560g) Low Sodium Pizza Sauce (Look for low sugar too)
• 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1 Teaspoon Oregano
• 1/2 Green Pepper
• 1/2 Sweet Onion
• 1/2 Cup Mushrooms
• 1 Serving (28g) Mini Turkey Pepperoni Slices
• 1 Cup (112g) Reduced Fat Pizza Blend Cheese
Makes 5 Servings
1. Chop up your Chicken, Vegetables, Mushrooms, and/or whatever else you’re using
2. Coat your Slow Cooker with some non-stick cooking spray
3. Add in by layers your Chicken then your Pizza Sauce, Garlic Powder, Oregano, Vegetables, Mushrooms, and Pepperoni Slices
4. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on Low or 4-6 hours on High
5. Top with your Cheese 20-30 minutes before it’s done and continue cooking
• Divide everything up into portions and throw them in the fridge for easy access
• This recipe will last 5-7 days in the fridge!
• Whole Recipe: Calories: 1992 Fat: 40g Saturated Fat: 12g Sodium: 2304mg Carbs: 68g Net Carbs = 54g Fiber: 14g Sugar: 38g Protein: 340g
• Each Serving: Calories: 398 Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 1.5g Sodium: 288mg Carbs: 13.6g Net Carbs = 10.8g Fiber: 2.8g Sugar: 7.6g Protein: 68g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.