Lee Labrada’s Lean Body Black Beans Recipe
by Lee Labrada
Today I just want to share with you a quick and easy to prepare black beans recipe. I usually make a double recipe as everyone likes them!
29 oz can of Goya black beans
3 tablespoon olive oil
1 small white onion
1 small green pepper
1 tablespoon minced garlic
5 bay leaves
1/4 tablespoon oregano
Pinch of ground cloves
1/8 tablespoon cumin
1 cup water
1) In large pot add olive oil and heat.
2) Add everything except black beans to pot and sauté until onions and peppers are soft.
3) Add beans plus 1 cup water, stir together and smash beans with large spoon about 5-6 times. This will thicken the beans as they cook.
4) Bring to a boil and immediately turn to low and cook covered for 1 hour, occasionally stirring.
5) Let cool before placing in Tupperware or eat hot, always better the next day!
Try it out and let me know how you like it!
Yours for a Lean Body,
Your Lean Body Coach™
Visit our YouTube Page at: www.youtube.com/labradanutrition
Click LIKE on our Facebook Fan Page at: http://www.facebook.com/LabradaNutrition