A simple nutrition plan will ensure you go the distance and have a lifetime of good health. There’s no need to use store-bought pancake mix full of flour and sugar. All you need is oatmeal and Lean Pro 8. The creamy taste of Lean Pro 8 vanilla sets these protein pancakes apart from all others you may have tried. Be careful not to sample the batter it may not make it to the skillet. And yes, I’m speaking from experience. It’s that good!
1 scoop Lean Pro 8
1/2 cup egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
1/2 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
1/2 medium banana
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tsp baking powder
1. Place raw, uncooked oatmeal in a blender or food processor and blend until it becomes fine flour.
2. Add eggs, banana, protein powder, and baking powder and pulse blend until smooth.
3. Toss blueberries into the batter and mix using a spatula or spoon.
4. Place a skillet on medium-high heat and measure out about 1/8 cup or 2 tbsp of batter per pancake.
5. Cover the pancakes while they cook to help the inside cook faster. Cook them for about 45 seconds to 1 minute on the first side, and then about 30-45 seconds on the other side.
Calories 544 Fat 11 g Carbs 64 g Protein 47g
About the Author
Kevin is a fitness enthusiast out of Dallas, TX. When he saw himself in his friend’s Facebook photo he knew it was time to make a change. He was overweight, felt sluggish and had steadily rising blood pressure. So, he did what many people try to do – he started exercising to try to “out train” a poor diet. He quickly learned through periods of weight cycling that if he was going to accomplish his fitness goals, it would have to be through a steady, healthy diet, complemented by hard work in the gym.
He started studying nutrition and got started cooking! In 2012 Kevin started a small blog to share his meals online in order to build a community around healthy food ideas.
The blog was called Fit Men Cook and it had a simple message and belief system – “Our bodies are built in the kitchen, Sculpted in the gym.”
Kevin firmly believes that healthier food options do not have to be boring. Ever. In fact, they are pretty tasty!
Fit (Wo)Men Cook is the “fit” story of all of us. It is taking your individual success stories and things (in nutrition & fitness) that have worked for you, and sharing those ideas with the masses so we can all grow, improve together. Just everyday people – no matter the fitness level or athletic ability – aiming to live the best life possible through fitness and healthy eating. Are you a Fit (Wo)Men Cook?
You can find Kevin and follow the Fit Men Cook movement online at: