If you love pizza like we do then you’re gonna want to try this healthy, QUICK, and absolutely delicious Lean Body Pizza Rice recipe that the whole family will love!
• 6 Ounces Lean Ground Meat (Turkey, Beef, Pork, etc)
• 1 Cup (140g) :90 Second Brown Rice (or Quinoa, Pasta, Lentils, Beans, etc)
• 1/2 Cup (120g) Low Sodium Pasta or Pizza Sauce
• 1/4 Cup (28g) Mozzarella Cheese
1. Take out a pan, turn your burner on Medium-High heat, and brown your Ground Meat
2. Drain your meat if there appears to be too much juice (using anything under 90/10 will usually give you too much)
3. Cook your Brown Rice
4. Add your Ground Meat, Brown Rice, and Sauce into a bowl
5. Mix everything together
6. Top it with some Mozzarella Cheese and whatever else you want
7. Microwave it for an additional 20-30 seconds to melt your cheese
• Macros for the Whole Recipe: 579, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 6g, Sodium: 632mg, Carbs: 54g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 10g, Protein: 48g
• Macros in each 1/2 pizza: Calories: 289, Fat: 9.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 316mg, Carbs: 27g, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 5g, Protein: 24g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.