Here we take the cheeseburger to a WHOLE new level! This Lean Body Cheeseburger Casserole is a great addition to your meal prep arsenal! Packed with protein, easy to make, and absolutely DELICIOUS!
• 4 Ounces (112g) Your choice pasta!
• 1 Green Bell Pepper
• 1/2 Sweet Onion
• 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
• 1 1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
• 1 Cup Mushrooms
• 2 Pounds (32 Ounces) Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
• 28 Ounces No Salted Added Diced Tomatoes
• 2 Tablespoons (33g) No Salt Added Tomato Paste
• 1 Cup (112g) Fat Free Cheddar Cheese (or Any Other Cheese)
1. Make your pasta however your box says to
2. Chop up your Green Bell Pepper and Sweet Onion
3. Take out a large stove top pan, turn your burner on Low-Medium heat, add in your Olive Oil,and let it heat up
4. Cook your chopped bell pepper and onion until theyare translucent (around 5 minutes)
5. Add in your Minced Garlic, Mushrooms, and Beef or Turkey
6. Turn your burner up to Medium heat and mix everything around until your beef or turkey has browned
7. Mix in your Diced Tomatoes and Tomato Paste
8. Keep it on the heat while stirring for a couple minutes or until your mix starts to thicken up
9. Add your mix and cooked pasta into a large dish, mix everything together, and top it with your Cheddar Cheese
10. Bake on 350F/176C for 10-15 minutes
• The WHOLE recipe: Calories: 2666, Fat: 118g, Saturated Fat: 40g, Sodium: 1962mg, Carbs: 144g, Fiber: 27g, Sugar: 36g, Protein: 257g
• One bowl (if you make 10): Calories: 266, Fat: 11.8g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Sodium: 196.2mg, Carbs: 14.4g, Fiber: 2.7g, Sugar: 3.6g, Protein: 25.7g
• Use 90/10 or leaner beef or turkey if you don’t want too much liquid in your casserole (or just remember to drain it)!
• Keep this in the fridge and it’ll last around 5-7 days!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.