Today is the day we give the sweet potato a makeover into some high protein and absolutely delicious SWEET POTATO PANCAKES!
• 1/2 Cooked Sweet Potato (200g)
• 4 Tablespoons (30g) Coconut Flour
• 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
• 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
• 2 Large Eggs
• 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or
• Regular Milk/Other Milk Substitute)
• 1 Scoop (30g) THE PROTEIN CHEF BAKING PROTEIN
• 1 Tablespoon Your Choice Sweetener
• 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
Calories: 569, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Sodium: 345mg, Carbs: 62g, Fiber: 13g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 42g
1. Cook your Sweet Potato
2. Add all of your ingredients into a bowl and mix everything together (a hand mixer will make things easier if you’re leaving the skin on)
3. Take out a stove top pan or griddle, turn your burner on Medium heat, and let it heat up
4. Coat your pan or griddle with some non-stick cooking spray and pour however much mix you want onto it
5. Your mix should be pretty thick so at this step you can shape your pancake after it’s on the panor griddle
6. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes and repeat until your mix is gone
• Keep the skin on your sweet potato for more fiber.
• Top it with some sugar free syrup.
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.Links: