What’s up everyone! Summer — yes SUMMER is finally here! I don’t know about you guys but the 2 things I can’t drink unless it’s over 70 degrees outside are iced coffee and LEMONADE. Lemonade is almost always packed with sugar so lets pack it with protein instead!
• 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Hot Water
• 1-2 Tablespoons Your Choice Sweetener
• 2 Lemons
• 3/4 Cup (6 Ounces) Water
• 1 Scoop (30g) Protein Chef Baking Protein or Lean Body Protein Powder (Vanilla works great!)
1. Heat up some water, add your Sweetener in, and mix everything around until it’s dissolved
2. Squeeze your Lemons in
3. Add the rest of your ingredients in and blend or mix everything around
• Add in or top it with some lemon slices!
• Blending it with a ton of ice makes for a DELICIOUS lemonade slushy!
The WHOLE recipe: Calories: 138, Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 110mg, Carbs: 10g, Fiber: 0g, Sugar: 2g, Protein: 20g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.Links: