Caribbean Pineapple Chicken
1 ea. Chicken breast, boneless and skinless – seasoned with blackening seasoning
½ cup Black beans
½ cup Pineapple chunks, roughly chopped
1/3 cup Yellow onion, chopped
½ ea. Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ ea. Green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 Tbs. coconut oil
Caribbean seasoning, to taste
Salt and pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat half the olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium high heat.
2. Place onion and bell peppers into the pan and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes stirring constantly.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Heat the remaining olive oil and add seasoned chicken breast.
6. Cook chicken breast for about 4 minutes, flip once and continue cooking for another 4 minutes.
7. With about 2 minutes of cooking time left for the chicken, add vegetable mixture and pineapple to the pan and heat until a thermometer inserted into the chicken registers 165 degrees.
8. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information – Per Serving
51g Carbohydrates, 10g Fiber
About the Author
“Johnathan is a Culinary Nutritionist and professional Chef. With 10 years spent preparing gourmet cuisine across the United States, his passion for cooking and experience as a food professional allows him to create budget friendly fitness gourmet meals anyone can make. As a nutritionist, he helps others lead healthier lifestyles by integrating fitness habits into their daily routine. Johnathan’s firsthand knowledge having overcome obesity by losing 170 pounds enables him to offer his clients flexible and effective weight loss solutions.
Follow his healthy cooking secrets and motivating tips at www.facebook.com/johnathanthefitchef