• 1 medium avocado
• ½ cup panko crumbs or homemade bread crumbs
• 1 egg white
• Seasonings: sea salt & pepper to taste, Mrs. Dash seasoning (I used onion & herb)
1. Set the oven to 375F. Slice avocado in half and remove the pit.
2. Cut the avocado halves into long thick strips, and then remove the
3. For the coating, mix breadcrumbs with your choice of Mrs. Dash
seasoning on a separate plate.
4. Crack an egg white into a bowl and beat it with a fork or whisk.
5. Dip the avocado slice in egg white, then the breadcrumbs.
6. Place the avocados on a baking sheet or baking rack.
7. Bake for 25 min at 375°F
About the Author
Kevin is a fitness enthusiast out of Dallas, TX. When he saw himself in his friend’s Facebook photo he knew it was time to make a change. He was overweight, felt sluggish and had steadily rising blood pressure. So, he did what many people try to do – he started exercising to try to “out train” a poor diet. He quickly learned through periods of weight cycling that if he was going to accomplish his fitness goals, it would have to be through a steady, healthy diet, complemented by hard work in the gym.
He started studying nutrition and got started cooking! In 2012 Kevin started a small blog to share his meals online in order to build a community around healthy food ideas.
The blog was called Fit Men Cook and it had a simple message and belief system – “Our bodies are built in the kitchen, Sculpted in the gym.”
Kevin firmly believes that healthier food options do not have to be boring. Ever. In fact, they are pretty tasty!
Fit (Wo)Men Cook is the “fit” story of all of us. It is taking your individual success stories and things (in nutrition & fitness) that have worked for you, and sharing those ideas with the masses so we can all grow, improve together. Just everyday people – no matter the fitness level or athletic ability – aiming to live the best life possible through fitness and healthy eating. Are you a Fit (Wo)Men Cook?
You can find Kevin and follow the Fit Men Cook movement online at: