Start your holiday season off with some delicious and colorful 2 Layer Holiday Overnight Oatmeal made using our LeanPro 100% Whey protein powder! This oatmeal is quick, packed with protein, and great to take with you on the go!
• 3/4 Cup (60g) Rolled Oats
• 5.3 Ounces (150g) Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or
• Regular Milk/Other Milk Substitute)
• 1 1/2 Scoops (58.5g) LeanPro 100% Whey Vanilla Protein Powder
• Red Food Coloring
• 1/4 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
• Green Food Coloring
• Candy Cane
1. Combine your Rolled Oats, Greek Yogurt, Vanilla Extract, and Almond Milk into a bowl.
2. Mix everything together.
3. Mix your Protein Powder in.
4. Take out at least a half pint mason jar and add half of your mix into it.
5. Mix in a few drops of some Red Food Coloring.
6. Add in your Peppermint Extract and couple drops of some Green Food Coloring to the other half of your mix.
7. Mix those two ingredients in.
8. Add that half into your mason jar.
9. Break up a Candy Cane and top your oatmeal with it.
10. Cover and put it into the fridge overnight.
• If you don’t want to wait you can eat it right away, it just won’t be as thick!
• The more food coloring you use, the darker your mix will turn out!
Calories: 729, Fat: 17g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Sodium: 602mg, Carbs: 66g, Fiber: 15g, Sugar: 28g, Protein: 78g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.