This Grasshopper Protein Mug Cake made using our Labrada Nutrition Vanilla LeanPro 100% Whey Protein Powder. It only takes a couple minutes to make, is packed with 12g of fiber + 48g of protein, and tastes even better than it looks! If grasshoppers tasted this good, I’m pretty sure they’d be extinct!
• 6 Tablespoons (92g) Liquid Egg Whites (or 2 Large Egg Whites)
• 1 Scoop (39g) Labrada Nutrition Vanilla LeanPro 100 % Whey Protein Powder
• 3 Tablespoons (28g) Coconut Flour (or Oat Flour)
• 2.65 Ounces (75g) Fat Free Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or Cottage Cheese)
• 1/2 Teaspoon Mint Extract
• 1/2 Serving (15g) Mini Marshmallows
• 1/2 Tablespoon (7.5g) Dark Chocolate Chips
• 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
• Select a coffee mug and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray.
• Add all of your ingredients into the mug and mix everything together.
• Microwave for 30 seconds.
• Lightly mix everything around some more
• Microwave for an additional 90 seconds.
• Calories: 432
• Fat: 8g
• Saturated Fat: 5g
• Sodium: 368mg
• Carbs: 42g
• Fiber: 12g
• Sugar: 19g
• Protein: 48g
• If your mint extract isn’t green then add in a couple drops of some green food coloring.
• Depending on how powerful your microwave is, it may take more or less time.
• Use a bowl if you don’t have a mug.
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.