Spicy, delicious, packed with protein, and QUICK! This Lean Body Enchilada Pasta recipe is great for meal prep, travel friendly, and guaranteed to get everyone around you salivating!
• 2 Cups (16 Ounces) Water
• 6 Ounces (168g) Whole Wheat Pasta
• 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
• 14.5 Ounces (411g) No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
• 10 Ounces (283) Low Sodium Enchilada Sauce
• 15 Ounces (425g) Reduced Sodium Black Beans
• 11 Ounces (311g) No Salt Added Whole Kernel Corn
• 2 Pounds (32 Ounces) Chicken Breast (or Protein of your choice)
• 1 Cup (112g) Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
1. Take out a large stove top pan and turn your burner on High Heat
2. Add in your Water, Pasta, Chili Powder, Diced Tomatoes, and Enchilada Sauce
3. Mix everything together and bring it to a boil
4. Once it starts to boil turn your burner down to Low-Medium heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes while occasionally stirring it
5. After 15 minutes add in your Black Beans, Corn, and Chicken (or protein of your choice)
6. Mix everything around and keep those ingredients on the heat for 3 minutes
7. After 3 minutes mix in your Cheese until it’s melted
* Top your dish with some chopped up green onions!
* Keep this in the fridge and it’ll last around 7-10 days!
• For the entire dish: Calories: 2898, Fat: 62g, Saturated Fat: 18g, Sodium: 2604mg, Carbs: 294g, Fiber: 54g, Sugar: 49g, Protein: 291g
• For each bowl (if you make 6): Calories: 483, Fat: 10.3g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Sodium: 434mg, Carbs: 49g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 48.5g, Protein: 14g
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.