Snack-Sized Blueberry Almond Protein Cake Bars
As I was shopping in the grocery store earlier this week, I saw these beautiful plump blueberries that were on sale. So I snagged a couple of containers with the idea of making a protein treat with them. I wasn’t sure what I was going to make, but knew I had to take advantage of them since they are in season. I wanted cake! These are light and sweet, with the perfect cake texture. They aren’t overly sweet, which is another thing I love about them! These can be enjoyed at breakfast with a cup of coffee, as a snack, or dessert (maybe with some vanilla ice-cream?)
• 4 egg whites
• ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
• 1 cup blueberries, divided
• ½ cup all-natural almond butter
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon butter extract
• 1½ scoops Lean Body for Her vanilla whey protein powder
• 1 cup almond meal flour
• 1 cup oat flour
• ½ cup xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×9” baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Combine egg whites, yogurt, ½ cup blueberries, almond butter, and extracts in a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, oat flour, xylitol, and baking powder to a mixing bowl. Stir together.
4. Pour liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in remainder ½ cup of blueberries into batter.
5. Pour batter into baking dish and smooth down with a spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 22-26 minutes, or until center is cooked.
Makes 16 Servings
Please Let Us Know If You Enjoyed This Article. Your Feedback Is Important To Us
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.