Snack-Sized Blueberry Almond Protein Cake Bars
As I was shopping in the grocery store earlier this week, I saw these beautiful plump blueberries that were on sale. So I snagged a couple of containers with the idea of making a protein treat with them. I wasn’t sure what I was going to make, but knew I had to take advantage of them since they are in season. I wanted cake! These are light and sweet, with the perfect cake texture. They aren’t overly sweet, which is another thing I love about them! These can be enjoyed at breakfast with a cup of coffee, as a snack, or dessert (maybe with some vanilla ice-cream?)
• 4 egg whites
• ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
• 1 cup blueberries, divided
• ½ cup all-natural almond butter
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon butter extract
• 1½ scoops Lean Body for Her vanilla whey protein powder
• 1 cup almond meal flour
• 1 cup oat flour
• ½ cup xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×9” baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Combine egg whites, yogurt, ½ cup blueberries, almond butter, and extracts in a blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, oat flour, xylitol, and baking powder to a mixing bowl. Stir together.
4. Pour liquid ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in remainder ½ cup of blueberries into batter.
5. Pour batter into baking dish and smooth down with a spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 22-26 minutes, or until center is cooked.
Makes 16 Servings
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes