Delicious Pumpkin Protein Bread
When that first, crisp breeze blows through the changing leaves, I want nothing more than a slice of pumpkin bread. As the weather cools down, it seems the decadent treats start to pile up! Have your cake and eat it too with this heart-healthy, low-fat snack that will satisfy your craving and keep you on track for your goals.
• 2 cups old-fashioned oats
• 2 scoops Vanilla Lean Body Naturally Sweetened Protein Powder
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 tsp. nutmeg
• 1 tsp. cloves
• 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla
• 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce
• 15 oz. pure pureed pumpkin
• 1/4 cup Walden Farms pancake syrup
• 1 tsp. baking powder mixed with 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar (Mix together before adding to recipe)
• 1/2 oz. whipped greek yogurt cream cheese cups old fashioned oats
• 1/4 scoop Lean Body for Her Vanilla whey protein powder
• splash of unsweetened almond milk
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
3. In a medium-size bowl, add all wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
5. Lightly spray a loaf pan with coconut oil, and pour the batter into the pan.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until a knife comes out of the center clean.
7. While the bread cools, whip together the icing. Drizzle over the entire loaf and enjoy!
Becca Mitchell is a Certified Personal Trainer, Self Love Advocate, and Mom of 2. She’s the owner of Becca Mitchell Fitness, specializing in finding balance in fitness, food, and every day life. Becca’s passions lie in helping women find a fitness and nutrition plan that works for their individual goals, and learning how to embrace the beauty and messiness of life through self-care and self-love. With food as one of her self-proclaimed Love Languages, and as a mom of 2 small children, she learns creative (and delicious!) ways to make her family’s favorite meals out of healthy, fueling ingredients.
For more on Becca, check out www.beccamitchell.com!
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.