Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Mini-Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Banana. A flavor combination loved by many – now make it into a mini cupcake, and you’ve got a sweet, delicious bite-sized treat. The banana not only adds flavor but also gives these mini-cupcakes a soft texture. Each tiny powerhouse packs on 9.8g of hi-quality protein! Talk about a perfect post-workout treat!
• 1 ripe banana
• 3 egg whites
• ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
• ¼ cup all-natural peanut butter
• 1 cup oat flour
• 2 scoops Lean Body for Her vanilla whey protein powder
• 1 scoop Lean Body for Her peanut protein
• ¼ cup coconut sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• pinch of salt
• 3 scoops Lean Body for Her peanut protein
• ½ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place 14 silicone cupcake liners on a sheet pan and set aside.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a blender and mix until completely smooth.
3. In a mixing bowl, add the remainder of ingredients and stir until well combined.
4. Pour the blended wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients, stirring until mixed well.
5. Spoon the muffin batter into the cupcake liner, filling each liner about 2/3 full.
6. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
7. To make the icing, whisk together the peanut powder with water until smooth. If you’d like a thicker icing, add a little more peanut powder. If you’d like a thinner icing, add a little more water.
8. Top each cupcake with icing then serve.
Makes 14 Mini Cupcakes
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes