Dreamy Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Forget the Reese’s peanut butter cups! Seriously. After seeing how easy it is to make these and tasting how delicious they are, you really can’t beat these truffles. The traditional peanut butter candy has 170 calories, 18g carbs, 16g sugar, and 10g fat! Yikes! These little gems have only 72 calories, 3g net carbs, 2.1g sugar, and 4.5 g fat. Plus, this recipe makes 22 of them – so many to share (or… save for later).
• ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
• 2 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
• 2 tablespoons honey
• ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
• 2 scoops Lean Body for Her vanilla whey protein powder
• 2 scoops Lean Body for Her peanut powder
• 3 tablespoons coconut flour
• ¼ cup sugar free chocolate chips
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk together coconut oil, peanut butter, honey and almond milk until smooth.
2. Add in the protein powder, peanut powder, and coconut flour. Stir to combined.
3. Place the dough in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
4. Remove from fridge and, using your hands, roll about 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball. Repeat this step until 22 truffles are made.
5. Place each truffle on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes.
6. Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat chocolate up in 30-second intervals, stirring after each time, until completely melted.
7. Coat each truffle with melted chocolate and place back on sheet pat. Once finished, place truffles in the fridge until chocolate hardens then enjoy!
Makes 22 Truffles
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes