Cool & Refreshing Strawberry Limeade Protein Bars
A cold, refreshing glass of strawberry limeade is guaranteed to put me in a great mood! I wanted to recreate this summertime favorite drink into a treat that can be deliciously consumed. The sweet strawberry taste pairs perfectly with the tangy lime flavor! Not too sweet, not too sour – just right!
• 1 scoop Lean Body for Her vanilla whey protein powder
• ½ cup oat flour
• ¼ cup almond meal flour
• ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
• 2 scoops Lean Body for Her vanilla whey protein powder
• ½ cup lime juice
• ¼ cup xylitol
• 2 eggs
• 1 egg white
• ½ cup sliced strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8” baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. Combine all crust ingredients, except the coconut oil, in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour the coconut oil in with the crust ingredients and stir until well combined. It should become crumbly. Spoon the crust mixture into baking dish. Using your fingers press the mixture down until it completely covers the bottom of the dish.
4. Bake crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while you make the bar filling.
5. Add the filling ingredients, except strawberries, in a blender or food processor. Blend mixture until smooth. Pour filling mixture on top of cooled crust.
6. Evenly place sliced strawberries on top of filling.
7. Return dish to the oven and bake for an additional 18-24 minutes. Let cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours. Slice into 16 squares. Enjoy!
Makes 16 Bars
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.