Chunky Cherry Chocolate Chip Protein Ice Cream
Whether it’s hot and muggy outside, or a time for celebration — ice cream is a tried and true go-to cold treat. Chunky Cherry Chocolate Chip ice cream is one of my all-time favorite flavors. Here is a healthy, protein-packed version of that delicious flavor combo. YUMMMM!
• ½ cup vanilla almond milk
• ½ cup plain greek yogurt
• 2 cups ice
• 3 cups frozen cherries
• 1/3 cup all natural cashew butter (or almond butter)
• 2 scoops Lean Body Naturally Sweetened vanilla whey protein powder
• ½ cup baking stevia (or regular sugar)
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¼ cup sugar free chocolate chips
1. Combine almond milk, yogurt, ice, frozen cherries, cashew butter, protein powder, stevia, and extract in a blender or food processor. Blend, stopping to stir a couple of times, until mixture is smooth.
2. Pour mixture into a freezer-safe container (I used an 8×8 glass dish) and smooth down with a spoon. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
3. Place container in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
4. Remove from the freezer and let sit for 10-12 minutes then serve with your favorite toppings, such as more cherries or sugar-free chocolate syrup
Makes 8 1-Cup servings
• For added creaminess and thickness, add ¼ teaspoon each of guar gum and xanthan gum while blending until desired consistency is reached.
• If you prefer chocolate ice cream, you can use chocolate almond milk and Lean Body Naturally Sweetened chocolate protein powder instead of the vanilla milk and vanilla protein.
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes