Chocolate Cherry Almond Protein Brownies
Cherry and chocolate unite in these gooey and fudgey protein brownies! They pack a whopping 8.8g of protein per brownie, thanks to Jamie Eason’s line of protein – Lean Body for Her. They’re also significantly lower in sugar than most brownies — but still taste just as delectable. Enjoy!
• 5 egg whites
• ¾ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
• ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
• ½ cup all-natural almond butter
• 2 scoops Jamie Eason’s Lean Body for Her Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
• ½ cup almond meal flour
• 1 cup oat flour (or whole wheat flour)
• ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• ½ cup xylitol (or sweetener of choice)
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 cup frozen cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×9” baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Combine egg whites, milk, yogurt, and almond butter in a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth.
3. Add protein powder, almond meal flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, xylitol, and baking powder to the mixing bowl with the wet ingredients.
4. Stir together until brownie batter is smooth and well combined. Stir in cherries.
5. Pour batter into baking dish and smooth down with a spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 30-34 minutes, or until center is cooked. Let cool for 20 minutes, slice into 16 squares, and serve immediately.
Makes 16 servings
• You can also use an 8×8” baking pan – increase the cooking time by 4-6 minutes.
• I like to use crunchy almond butter in the batter as a way to add texture to the brownies.
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes