Blueberry Cashew Breakfast Bars
Soft, fluffy, crunchy, and moist, these breakfast bars will kick off your day with a healthy dose of protein, carbs, and fat without any added sugar. Using cashew butter and cashew milk gives this treat an extra creamy flavor that goes perfectly with the sweet and tangy blueberries.
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup cashew butter
• 1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
• 2 scoops Vanilla Lean Body Naturally Sweetened Protein Powder
• 1 1/3 cup oat flour
• ¾ cup brown rice flour
• ¾ cup xylitol
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 cup blueberries
• ½ cup rolled oats
• 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Line an 8×8” baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cashew butter, and cashew milk until smooth.
3. Add in oat flour, rice flour, xylitol, baking powder, and blueberries. Stir until well combined.
4. Pour batter into prepared dish.
5. Stir together topping ingredients then sprinkle on top of batter.
6. Bake in the oven for 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of bars.
7. Let bars cool then cut into 16 squares. Enjoy!
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog Protein Treats by Nicolette has all of my past and present recipes.
You can also visit my social media pages below:
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.