Banana Protein Cake with Creamy Peanut Butter Icing
There are several flavors I enjoy simultaneously. Peanut butter and banana is definitely one of them! This light and airy banana cake is paired with a creamy peanut butter icing that showcases the flavor combination perfectly! Each slice is low in sugar and low in fat, allowing you to munch on this without any guilt. This recipe for my Banana Protein Cake with Creamy Peanut Butter Icing is fit for a king!
• 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
• 3 egg whites
• 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 ½ cups almond meal flour
• ½ cup coconut flour
• 3 scoops Lean Body for Her vanilla whey concentrate protein powder
• ¼ cup xylitol
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 4 scoops Lean Body for Her peanut powder protein
• ½ cup water
• 2 tablespoons honey
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees F.
2. Spray a 2qt. dish (or something similar in size to a 7×11” dish) with cooking spray.
3. Whisk together the first 4 cake ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth.
4. Add the remainder of cake ingredients to the bowl and stir until batter is smooth and well combined.
5. Pour cake batter into prepared dish and smooth down with the back of a spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 28-32 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into center of cake.
7. Let cake cool for 1 hour before topping it with icing.
8. To make the icing, whisk together peanut powder, water, and honey until smooth.
9. Spread on top of cooled cake, cut into 24 pieces, and enjoy!
Makes 24 servings
About the Author:
Nicolette Stramara believes in balance. Just because you’re eating healthy doesn’t mean you need to restrict your sweets. Her passion began in the kitchen, baking desserts for others. Nicolette’s drive to live a healthy lifestyle blended with her baking skills.
Over the years she began to experiment – baking with protein powder and other healthier ingredient alternatives. Now she loves to create mouthwatering desserts that deliver healthy, protein-packed flavors! From cupcakes and cookies to cheesecakes and pies, Nicolette shares her delicious protein treats for everyone to try.
My blog www.ProteinTreatsByNicolette.com has all of my past and present recipes