Here are 10 Quick Tips to Create a Healthier You
Ever ask yourself, ” Why am I not getting the results I want after all this hard work?” Don’t get discouraged. After being on my fitness journey for over 8 years now, I can tell you, nothing happens over night.
When it comes to balanced nutrition for woman we must give our bodies what we need! Treat your body with respect, and give it plenty of rest, proper nutrition, and last but not least, be consistent! Here are some important tips that could help you get over your plateau and on to some amazing results!
1) Eat lots of healthy fats. Fats are very important to balance hormones. People make the mistake of removing fat from diet, and there body may respond negatively. Good fats that I have in my diet are: avocado, coconut oil, grass-fed butter, olive oil, bison, grass-fed beef, salmon, raw nuts, macadamia nut oil.
2) Rotate your protein sources. Your body will get bored of the same protein all the time. Be sure to constantly change it up. There are so many choices, such as veal, elk, chicken, turkey, bison, beef, pork, white fish, protein powder, eggs, etc…
3) Drink lots of water on a daily basis. I drink 1 gallon a day at least. It will keep you hydrated, flush toxins out, remove water retention, keep your skin clearer, keep you full after your meals.
There are so many wonderful benefits to drinking water and staying hydrated.
4) Get on a routine supplement regimen. Take lots of beneficial vitamins. I recommend Lean Body for her Food-Based Multi Vitamin, krill oil, BCAA’s, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and so fourth. Vitamins help to fill in the nutritional gaps in our diet that may be missing from the foods we eat.
Though dieting can lead to weight loss, it can often lead to vitamin deficiencies. Those in pursuit of a trimmer waist line will often cut calories and in doing so, sacrifice nutrition. Dieters are not the only ones with the potential to end up with deficiencies. Anyone not eating a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, grains and lean protein on a daily basis can as well. Perhaps you’re on a special diet, have allergies, consume too many processed foods or you’re just a picky eater? In any of these scenarios supplementing your diet with a multi-vitamin would be ideal.
5) Set a plan for routine workouts. Make sure you have at least 1-2 off days for rest. Stay physically active. Talk to a personal trainer about what’s best for you, and your goals.
Working out will add years to your life, create endorphins, give you structure, create a sculpted body, more confidence… need I say more? If you fail to plan — plan to fail.
6) Drink tea to help slim your waist, and help to burn fat. Tea has several antioxidants that are good to your overall health and well-being. Many teas also have a little caffeine, which is a nice little boost for when you need it.
7) Be sure to incorporate yoga in your routine. I cannot live without it. There are so many benefits.
Yoga helps with blood circulation, sleep and wake cycles, toxin removal, stretching, flexibility, lengthens muscles, balancing, relaxes you, calms stress levels, and thyroid production. Get that yoga in.
8) Get lots of rest. Your body needs rest to feel awake and energized. Your body also needs rest to respond properly. By not getting the proper rest it needs, you can end up holding on to more weight.
Another benefit of a good night’s sleep, is that it gives our bodies time to heal and recuperate from our day’s activities. As you sleep, your muscles relax. This may help alleviate tension.
9) Get those squats in. I do squats at least three times a week. It will burn that stubborn fat and create rounder, firmer, higher glutes.
A strong foundation is necessary for overall health and strength. Never skip leg day, and learn to love those squats.
10) Sugar is the enemy! Cut sugar out. The more sugar you eat the more you crave. Limit yourself to minimal sugar treats. And the best time is right before or after a workout so that it doesn’t get stored as fat. Follow these 10 tips, and I promise you will be on your road to success in many aspects.
Remember to be patient with your body, and have faith! Let your brain stay active, and be open to new information and change consistently!I promise that with a receptiveness mindset, hard work, consistency, and variety – you will be on your way to a very healthy mind, body, and soul!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Samantha is a very dedicated mother of one 11 year old girl, Angelina. She works as an esthetician/airbrush technician with a heavy focus on the fitness industry. Samantha is a promotional model, writer, and bikini athlete. She plans on furthering her education in holistic nutrition which is the foundation to any holistic health style plan for optimal health! Samantha has hands on experience with fitness and nutrition for 8 solid years now. Samantha has consistently made drastic changes with her body, health, mind, and lifestyle. Samantha continues to change and learn with her open-mindedness and passion for the healthy lifestyle. Samantha loves motivating, inspiring, teaching, and guiding others to success in gaining optimal health.