Super Protein Turkey Burgers
Eating healthy does not mean giving up your favorite foods! This juicy, tender Turkey Burger is the perfect substitute for your favorite BBQ. Serve it up with or without a bun, and you won’t be missing out on any of your favorite flavors!
• 1 Lb. Lean Turkey
• 2/3 Cups Breadcrumbs (I put two slices of whole wheat bread into a food processor)
• 1/2 Cup 0% Greek Yogurt
• 2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
• 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
• Pepper, Cumin, Garlic Salt, Onion Powder, and Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
• 1 whole egg
• 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
1. Set your oven to 375◦
2. Add all ingredients into a bowl.
3. Mix with your hands until combined, but don’t overmix!
4. Form into four patties, creating a small crater in the middle.
5. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Add 1 Tbs. olive oil to pan.
7. When it’s warm, add patties to the pan and cook for 3 minutes.
8. Flip, and place in the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes.
9. Let rest, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
About the Author
Becca Mitchell is a Certified Personal Trainer, Self Love Advocate, and Mom of 2. She’s the owner of Becca Mitchell Fitness, specializing in finding balance in fitness, food, and every day life. Becca’s passions lie in helping women find a fitness and nutrition plan that works for their individual goals, and learning how to embrace the beauty and messiness of life through self-care and self-love. With food as one of her self-proclaimed Love Languages, and as a mom of 2 small children, she learns creative (and delicious!) ways to make her family’s favorite meals out of healthy, fueling ingredients.
For more on Becca, check out www.beccamitchell.com!