Slow Cooker Protein Cinnamon Buns
Today your slow cooker meets cinnamon buns with this super easy and protein-packed Slow Cooker Steel Cut Cinnamon Buns recipe. This one takes less than 5 minutes to prep and will more than satisfy your taste buds!
• 1 1/2 Cups (264g) Steel Cut Oats
• 3 Tablespoons (21g) Almond Flour
• 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
• 4 Scoops Your Choice Labrada Nutrition Protein Powder
• 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• A little Salt
• 2 Large Whole Beaten Eggs
• 6 Cups (48 Ounces) Milk or Milk Substitute
• 2 Containers (300g) Greek Yogurt
• 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
• 2-3 Cinnamon Bun Dough Pieces
• Sugar-Free Syrup
1. Optionally line your slow cooker then add everything aside from your Cinnamon Bun Dough and Sugar-Free Syrup into it
2. Mix everything together until most of your clumps are gone
3. Break apart your Cinnamon Bun Dough and lightly mix it in
4. Top with your Sugar-Free Syrup
5. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
Tips: Top it with some cinnamon crunch cereal!
Eat it cold (it tastes great) or throw it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.