Mozzarella Grilled Chicken Pizza
Yield: 4 Servings
• 1 pound Pre-made whole wheat pizza dough
• 1 lb. Chicken Tenders
• 1 tsp. Garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Salt
• 1/4 tsp. Dried Oregano
• 1 cup jarred Tomato Sauce
• 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella
• 1 bunch Fresh Basil Leaves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut dough into 4 pieces; rounded into balls. Place on an oiled plate and cover with a warm damp clean cloth. Let rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
3. Heat an electric skillet to medium-high heat. Stretch out dough into flat discs, place directly on skillet cook for 3 minutes each side or until brown.
4. Combine the spices in a bowl, add the chicken, toss to coat. Add oil to skillet, when hot add chicken and cook on both sides about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Slice mozzarella into 1/4 inch pieces and rip fresh basil leaves into small pieces.
6. Spoon tomato sauce on pizza crust, then add mozzarella slices, chicken.
7. Place in 350-degree oven for 5-8 minutes or until the cheese is beginning to melt.
8. Top with fresh basil. Enjoy!
About Amy Crowson
Amy is a self-proclaimed food network addict. She loves cooking simple, clean food using only whole ingredients. She enjoys taking “not so healthy” recipes and making them healthy. Amy credits her passion for cooking to her Dad…he was a chef in a past life for sure. Oh.. and she says she eats way too many avocados. Amy is also a certified personal trainer and is sports nutrition certified.