Molten Lava Protein Cakes
It’s time we not only introduce you to our new Molten Dark Chocolate Cake powder, but also the most delicious dessert we’ve made yet! These Molten Lava Cakes pack a ton of protein, are super easy to make, and taste just as good as they look!
• 6 Tablespoons (45g) Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
• 2 Tablespoons (10g) Cocoa Powder
• 1 Scoop (35g) Lean Body Molten Dark Chocolate Cake MRP
• 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
• 3 Ounces Milk/Milk Substitute (I prefer Unsweetened Almond Milk)
• 2 Ounces (62g) Unsweetened Apple Sauce
• 1/2 Tablespoon Unsalted Melted Butter
• 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
• A few Low Sugar Chocolate Chips
• A Squirt of Low Sugar Chocolate Syrup or pudding
1. Mix ever everything together until smooth
2. Coat 2 small ramekins with some cooking spray and evenly distribute half of your mix into them
3. Add in a couple Chocolate Chips and a squirt of Syrup or Pudding to the center of each one
4. Quickly distribute the rest of your mix on top
5. Bake on 350F/176C for 15-20 minutes
Tip: Don’t bake them too long or you’ll miss out on the molten part!
Make one big cake with a large ramekin (cooking time will go up)!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.