Macro Friendly Pizza Meatballs
Get ready for Italian with some macro friendly Pizza Meatballs! These are great for meal prep and only take a few minutes to make. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to your pizza craving…look no further!
• 1 Pound (16 Ounces) Lean Ground Protein (Chicken/Turkey/Beef)
• 1 Cup (112g) Fat Free/Reduced Fat Pizza Cheese
• 1/2 Cup (40g) Grated Parmesan Cheese
• 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
• 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder/Seasoning
• A little Salt
• 1/2 Cup (40g) Rolled Oats
• 1 Cup (140g) Cooked Brown Rice
• 1 Large Whole Egg
• 1 Large Egg White
• 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
• Pizza Sauce
1. Combine and mix all of your ingredients together.
2. Take out a baking pan, line it with some foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup, and shape your balls however big you want them.
3. Bake on 350F/176C for around 25-30 minutes depending on how big your balls are.
4. Top with Pizza Sauce
Tip: Reheat them in the microwave with a little cheese on top for around a minute!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.