Mac & Cheese Chicken Breast Casserole
Looking for a quick, easy meal prep recipe that won’t break the bank? Today we remix a box of mac and cheese into a delicious, high protein CHICKEN CASSEROLE!
• 1 Box Prepared Mac & Cheese (Around 7 Ounces)
• 1 Cup (112g) Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Reduced Fat/Fat Free if needed)
• 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt (Reduced Fat/Fat Free if needed)
• Black Pepper
• 8 Ounces Chicken Breast
• 5 Crackers
1. Prepare your Mac & Cheese however your box says to
2. Mix together your Mac & Cheese, 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream, and Black Pepper
3. Mix in your prepared Chicken Breast
4. Add your mix into at least a 1 1/2 quart baking dish
5. Top with the rest of your Cheddar Cheese, Crackers (crushed up), and a little cooking spray
6. Bake on 375F/190C for around 20-25 minutes
Tip: Add in other types of protein, vegetables, spices, etc to switch things up when you get bored!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.