Lean Body Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
It’s time to take some strawberries and make something cool happen! What’s cool? How about some low calorie, high protein, and DELICIOUS Protein Cupcakes!?
• 1 Cup Chopped Strawberries
•4 Large Eggs
• 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or Regular Milk/Other Milk Substitute)
• 1 Scoop (~35g) Lean Body® Meal Replacement Protein Powder
• 1-2 Tablespoons Your Choice Sweetener
• 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
• 2 Tablespoons (28g) Coconut Oil
• 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
• 1 Can (around 15 Ounces) Low Sodium Chickpeas (or Any Other White Beans)
1. Chop up your Strawberries (leave a few off to the side to add in later).
2. Drain and rinse your Chickpeas.
3. Add all of your ingredients into a large bowl or to make things easy, use a food processor.
4. Mix everything together until your mix is smooth/chickpeas are blended in.
5. Lightly mix in any chopped strawberries you left off to the side.
6. Take out a muffin pan and add some cupcake or silicone liners into it.
7. Evenly distribute your mix into each cup (it should make 12)
8. Bake on 350F/176C 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of them comes out clean.
Tips: To make it a “shortcake cupcake” add a vanilla wafer on top of each one! Top it with some protein frosting or whipped cream!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel, shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive— it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in magazines, on the news, and TV shows are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation”, and is without question the most important habit he follows.
Disclaimer: This content is for informational purposes only and is not meant as medical advice, nor is it to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Please consult your physician before starting or changing your diet or exercise program. Any use of this information is at the sole discretion and responsibility of the user.