Lean Body Greek Yogurt Ice Cream Cake
It’s summer and when it’s hot, who doesn’t like ice cream? What better way to cool off than with a macro-friendly Greek Yogurt Protein Ice Cream Cake made using our Lean Body MRP!
• 1 Banana
• 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Light Cream
• 2 Ounces (56g) Fat-Free Cream Cheese
• 2 Tablespoons Brown Rice Syrup or Honey
• 3 Containers (450g) Your Choice Flavor Greek Yogurt
• 3 Scoops (105g) Vanilla Lean Body MRP
• 1/2 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
• 3 Crushed Up Mini Pre-made Pie Crusts or Graham Cracker Crumbs
• 1 Container (150g) Your Choice Flavor Greek Yogurt
• 1 Cup Fresh or Frozen Fruit
1. Process or blender all of your First Layer ingredients together until they thicken up
2. Coat a loaf pan with some parchment paper (this makes it easier to remove) and pour that mix in
3. Top that layer with your Graham Cracker Crumbs
4. Mix together your Third Layer ingredients while mashing in your Fruit
5. Add that layer on top of your Graham Cracker Crumbs
6. Cover and freeze
*Cut a piece and let it thaw for 5-10 minutes before eating for the best results
Tips: Make sure your protein powder and Greek yogurt flavors compliment each other!
Cut down on the sugar by using a lower sugar Greek yogurt and/or less fruit!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel, shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive— it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in magazines, on the news, and TV shows are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation”, and is without question the most important habit he follows.