Keto-Freindly Breakfast Bacon Muffins
Start your morning off with these delicious low-carb and keto friendly Breakfast Bacon Muffins! They’re easy to make, packed with protein, and very travel-friendly. They taste just as good cold as the do warm! Did I mention they only have 2.5 grams of net carbs in each one?
• 6 Large Eggs
• 4 Large Egg Whites
• 1/2 Cup (4 Ounces) Heavy Cream (A lower fat one will work fine too)
• 12 Slices Fully Bacon
• 1/2 Cup (56g) Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese
• 4 Ounces Broccoli
• 2 Ounces Mushrooms
• 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Makes 12 Muffins
1. Mix together your Whole Eggs, Egg Whites, and Heavy Cream
2. Take out a muffin pan, coat it with non-stick cooking spray, and add 1 Slice of Bacon to each spot making sure to roll them up so they fit perfectly around the edges
3. Cook/microwave whatever vegetables you’re using and evenly distribute them into your spots
4. Top your vegetables with your Cheese
5. Pour your mix in
6. Finish off by sprinkling on a little more Cheese and some Dill Weed
7. Bake them on 350F/176C for around 15-20 minutes
• Reheat them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, or just eat them cold
• Don’t like broccoli or mushrooms? Use whatever you want!
About the Author
Derek Howes is a personal trainer and chef with over a decade of experience in the gym and kitchen. Derek, who is also known as The Protein Chef on his blog and YouTube channel shows his viewers every week that food doesn’t need to be boring or repetitive, it’s all about balance, moderation, and having the knowledge to change things up. His recipes which have been featured in the news, magazines, and on TV are cheap, quick, AND delicious! His motto in life is “everything in moderation” and is without question the most important habit he follows.